Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Comic Con 2008 (Day 3)



The lines were far too long to get into the panels we really wanted to see (“Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles” and “The Office”), so we stumbled into a presentation by horror author Dean Koontz instead. It was wonderful and surprisingly relevant to the class I’m teaching this summer at UCLA.

Better yet was the next panel on “Dollhouse,” the upcoming TV show by the enormously popular Joss Wheadon, creator of “Buffy the Vampire-Slayer” and the much lamented science fiction/western “Firefly.” I was thrilled to share the same air with someone whose talent I admire so greatly.

But the true highlight of the weekend was sitting through the “Battlestar Galactica” panel, while Tim fetched our luggage and saved my place on line at the train station. It was the perfect end to a glorious three days, even though I did have to lug the framed “Incredibles” print five blocks to the train station. I’m already counting the days till next year!

No comments: